Alzheimer’s disease is one of the many diseases that have taken the lives of many Americans. The number of patients diagnosed with this disease will even skyrocket in the near future for experts believe that there will come a time when Alzheimer’s will be on the top 3 most deadly disease the American populace will be suffering from now. Because of the commonality of the ailment, we would understand you if you think you have it as well. Are you suspecting of having Alzheimer’s disease?
To check if you are indeed showing indications of early Alzheimer’s, Golden Arch Home Healthcare LLC, provider of quality homecare services in Redlands California, lists out the different signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s. These symptoms are categorized into 5 and if you show a 2 or more of them, we suggest you go to your doctor to check.
So without any further ado, these are the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s:
- Decline in ability to accommodate new information
When a person has Alzheimer’s, they find it hard to take in and remember newly acquired information. When this happens to you, the following may be a common scenario:
- Repeating questions or conversations
- Misplacing your own personal belongings
- Forgetting appointments and events
- Getting lost while travelling on a familiar route
- Difficulty in reasoning, making complex tasks and exercising judgment
- Having a hard time in understanding safety rules
- Inability to manage one’s finances
- Poor decision making
- Failure in planning complex or sequential activities
- Impairment in vision and spatial activities
This is not because of any problems in eye sight. Turns out that if a person has Alzheimer’s, the region on his or her brain that contributes to processing the images they see will be affected. Persons having this problem will:
- Be unable to recognize faces
- Have an incapability in distinguishing common objects
- Not be able to find objects which are just in direct view
- Have a difficulty in operating simple implements
- Find orienting one’s clothing to the body harder than usual
- Difficulty in speaking, reading and writing
Even though the person is a full pledged educated individual, Alzheimer’s impairs a person’s brain and it progresses until it can affect daily tasks. Thus reading, writing and speaking will become hard tasks. If the following occurred to you, then this is a warning sign that you will likely suffer from the disease:
-Hesitations in speaking
-Not being able to remember common words
- Having changes in personality and behavior such as:
- Out-of-character mood changes
- Less interest on hobbies
- Lack of motivation
- Being short of initiative
- Social withdrawal
- Loss of empathy
- Showing obsessive behaviors
- Exhibiting socially unacceptable behaviors
If you have checked two or more categories, chances are, you may be displaying early signs of Alzheimer’s disease. But before you submit yourself to services that give Alzheimer’s care, you need to schedule an appointment with your physician.
And if ever you are diagnosed with the disease, tell your whole family so that you can make adjustment in your living and so that you can plan for the future. In case you need homecare services in Redlands California, you can always give us a call and we will accommodate you under the care of our passionate caregivers.
For more information about Alzheimer’s disease and to explore the wide variety of homecare services in Redlands California Golden Arch Home Healthcare LLCoffers, visit our website at www.goldenarchcare.com.