According to reports from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), arthritis is the most common cause of disability in America. In estimation, it affects 52.5 million adults that were diagnosed and 1 out of every 3 working adults with ages ranging from 18 to 65 years said that arthritis has caused limitation to their type of work or specific activities that they want to do. There are several coping strategies that have been established to help combat the bothersome episodic pain attacks of arthritis. It is just a matter of what actually works best for you. One of the wide-array of services that Golden Arch Home Health Care LLC aims to assist you with is pain management. We will help you reduce symptoms and engage in activities that can alleviate aches caused by arthritis.
Holding deeply the core of caring to effectively deliver an individualized plan of care for the elderly, Golden Arch Home Health Care LLC, an independent home care services in Redlands California, maintains a standardized quality of care to senior patients within the area who are in dire need of home health aides in their residence. Our home health care personnel seeks to provide assistance in managing pain and will educate you in effective measures to battle the prickling ache that arthritis can bring.
The following solutions are management techniques to elderly patients suffering from arthritis. Take a look at the do’s and don’ts below as extracted from mayclinic.org and which Golden Arch Home Health Care LLC staff would highly vouch for.
- Initially, it is important to get a check-up and let your doctor advise you on the necessary treatment interventions and drug therapies to be prescribed. He or she will provide you information regarding the type of arthritis you are experiencing, symptoms and the severity of the problem.
- Do not stay in a position for too long as it can cause rigidity or stiffness of your joints. Adjust your posture from time to time.
- Try to stand or walk every 30 minutes or so. Exercise frequently especially range of motion exercises and engage in activities that can help strengthen your muscles. Participate in low aerobic exercises, cycling and swimming. Avoid strenuous exercises!
- Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight or obese can create complications of arthritis and increases arthritic pain.
- Stop smoking. The harmful chemicals present in cigarettes can cause immense stress on connective tissues. If you haven’t gone cold turkey yet, NOW is the time to do it.
- Explore ways that can put you in a relaxed mode, try deep breathing, yoga, listening to music, meditating, or hiking and being one with nature. Massage sessions are also advisable.
- Apply heating pads to no more than 20 minutes to aching joints. Or immerse yourself in a hot bath or shower. Regulate temperature as tolerated. In cases wherein you overworked your muscles after an exercise, use an ice pack to the affected area. As much as possible, avoid over exertion. Pace yourself and do things in moderation.
If you have not taken proper action yet to your aching joints, keep in mind the aforementioned tips to minimize your painful experiences with arthritis. Golden Arch Home Health Care LLC, home health aides will assist you in effectively performing pain management techniques that are beneficial for you. As a home care service in Redlands, California, and you happen to live in the vicinity, give us a visit http://www.goldenarchcare.com/non-medical-home-care-our-location. Or you can contact us at 909-764-9431 to learn more about what you can expect with our home care service in Redlands, California. Our social media buttons will give you daily updates so make sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Pinterest and LinkedIn!